Monday, October 24, 2022

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

 


Good morning!  I hope you all had a great weekend!

We sure did!  The weather here couldn't have been more gorgeous.  It looks like we'll be cooling off this week, but not too much.  It will still be in the upper 60's the rest of the week.

To start my day today, I read Luke 2-3 in my Bible.  Then I turned to Enduring Word to learn more about it.  It surprises me that more isn't told about Jesus' life growing up, but I guess we are told what we need to know!

For cleaning today, I am going to run the vacuum and mop the kitchen and bathrooms.  Then I just do my daily straightening and maintenance.

Dinner tonight will be sausage and cabbage, and I am going to try out my new bread machine.  A long time ago, I had a bread machine that I loved.  I used it several times a week!  Then the motor burned out.  I bought a different machine, and HATED it.  I don't think it ever turned out a good loaf.  So I threw it away and decided I was finished with bread machines.  Then, last week, while strolling through Sam's Club, I spotted a Cuisinart bread machine that was $20.00 off the regular price.  There was one left.  So I put it in the cart, and brought it home.  I hope this one works!  I'll let you know!

Yesterday for dessert, I made a gluten free cookie pie.  It's really good!  But it is incredibly rich!  A little slice goes a long way!  So here's what I learned:  

  1. Next time, make this in a larger pan.  I will use a 12" deep dish pizza pan I have.  It's really thick in a regular pie pan.  
  2. Bake this when I have a large group of people over.  It's best warm, with vanilla ice cream.  But there's no way the two of us will eat this whole pie!  

Here is the recipe.  It is tweaked from a recipe from Butternut Bakery, which you can find HERE.


I will definitely make this again, but I will just make it in a larger pan and make sure there are more people to enjoy it with!

Have a wonderful Monday, and see you later!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cranberry Orange Bread

  My Christmas baking is just getting started.  I have a lot of gifts to bake this year.  First off, I started with Cranberry Orange Bread. ...