Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Tuesday, October 25,2022

 

How are you doing today?  It's our last beautiful day here, tomorrow rain and chilly temps return! 

First thing this morning, I read Luke 4-5 while sipping my tea.  Then I read the commentary on StudyLight about these 2 chapters.  Yes, there's a lot of reading.  But it really helps me understand the meaning of the story.  

My main cleaning today is going to be to shine all the mirrors and glass in the house.  Then just my normal straightening and maintenance.  I always do 1 load of laundry each day, from start to finish.  And I keep the dishes washed and put away.

I finished the bag I was making for my granddaughter.  I am looking for a couple buttons to add to it, but other than that it is finished.  It is just a basic tote bag, with a pocket added to the front of it for some color.  I figured she could put a pair of gloves or a flashlight in it, or part of her costume.  This year she and two friends are going as Alvin and The Chipmunks.  I have a feeling either their tails or their ears may wind up in the pocket!

Here is her finished bag:


It was so windy when I took the picture, I had a hard time catching it when it wasn't sideways!  I think she'll like it.  At least I hope so!  

After I made it, of course I found some other fabric that I absolutely LOVE at the bottom of a pile of Christmas fabric.  So now, I am thinking of making her another one and letting her choose.  She can give the one she doesn't want to a friend.  I just don't know if I'll have time to finish another one!

What do you think of the bag?  Is it too tall?  I just am not sure!  I think it's okay, then again I think I could have made it shorter.  Let me know in the comments!

Have a wonderful day!  I hope all is well with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cranberry Orange Bread

  My Christmas baking is just getting started.  I have a lot of gifts to bake this year.  First off, I started with Cranberry Orange Bread. ...